TATA Power takes over CESU management for power distribution in Odisha

0
82
TATA Power & CESU

Bhubaneswar: As per the announcement by Tata Power, it has taken over the management of CESU for the distribution and retail supply of electricity in Odisha’s five circles consisting of Bhubaneshwar, Cuttack, Puri, Paradip and Dhenkanal. Tata Power will hold 51 percent equity with management control and the State-owned GRIDCO will have the remaining 49 percent equity stake in the company.

Tata Power has committed to improve and modernise the distribution system in the five circles. The priority of the company is to improve reliability, reduce AT&C losses and offer excellent customer service. As per the agreement, the company will retain all the existing employees of CESU and will govern them by their existing  policy structure. Tata Power will provide better opportunities and facilities to the employees to update their knowledge and skills along with an exposure to best practices and cutting edge technologies as a part of change management in CESU.

“Our tie up with CESU is a huge development for Tata Power. We are thankful to the Odisha Government and OERC for giving us this opportunity. We are committed to provide reliable, affordable and quality power supply along with superior customer service, backed by innovative technology. We constantly strive to become the most preferred distribution company in the country. The success of our Delhi, Mumbai and Ajmer Distribution businesses are testament to this fact.” Said Mr. Praveer Sinha, CEO & MD, Tata Power.

“Tata Power endeavors to bring about a positive transformation in  Odisha by deploying smart grid technologies to supply reliable and quality power. Our customer-centric approach aims to enhance all aspects of customer services with smooth and efficient power distribution operations.” said Sanjay Banga, President – T &D, Tata Power.

Tata Power has received a license for 25 years. Spread over 30,000  Sq km, CESU has five electrical circles comprising of the areas of Bhubaneswar (Electrical Circle – I and II), Cuttack, Paradip and Dhenkanal with a population of over 1.4 crore and consumer base of 2.5 million. With CESU, Tata Power aims to expand its consumer base to 5 million consumers from the present base of 2.5 million across Mumbai, Delhi and Ajmer.

-OdishaAge

LEAVE A REPLY